This recipe was given to me by Lynn Eason of Homestead, who is a client turned friend. Every time Lynn visits my home she brings some of these birdie muffins for my birds and they just LOVE them!
- 2 Boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 Egg, shell reserved
- 1 6 oz. Jar of Gerber's 3rd Stage Peaches*
- 1 6 oz. Jar of Gerber's 3rd Stage Apricots with Mixed Fruit*
- ½ Bottle (4 oz.) Of Gerber Apple Juice for Babies*
- ½ Cup of sesame seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp. Of Bee Pollen (optionall)
- 1 Cup to 1- ½ cups of "Mixins," such as crushed cuttlebone, pumpkin seeds, sunflower hearts, raisins, chopped dates, cheerios or pellets, chopped nuts, actually anything that's "yummy!"
Mix all wet ingredients into muffin mix. Rinse eggshell and microwave the eggshell for 90 seconds to sterilize it. Crumble the shell into wet batter. Add "mixins" and bee pollen, if desired.
Pour batter into loaf pan or muffin cups sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Loaf pan takes about 10 minutes longer than muffins.
*Other flavors can be used, but watch out for hidden sugars.